Let’s recap what happened in search forums today through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
The YouTube homepage wasn’t ranking in Google searches for some reason (it came back after a few hours). Microsoft Advertising launches doctor and clinic ads on Bing Search. Bing Chat is now in the Edge sidebar in Release Candidates, and Bing Chat is getting more queries and faster responses. Google’s IP address list will be updated within a few days. Google AdsBot Mobile Web Android User Agent has been updated.
The story of the search engine roundtable:
- YouTube homepage not ranking properly in Google Search
When I search [youtube] Google Search does not currently rank the YouTube homepage. You can get Wikipedia, the YouTube Android app on Google Play, the iOS app on Apple.com, the YouTube blog, etc., but not youtube.com.
- Bing Sidebar and Bing Chat limits in Stable Edge browser increase with faster response
Microsoft has made significant improvements to Bing Chat AI secondary, including increasing the Bing Chat limit to 15/150 and testing an optimized “balanced” mode response that provides shorter and faster responses. Announced some updates for Pilot. Bing also released Bing Sidebar for chatting, writing, and creating in Bing Chat with the stable release of the Edge browser.
- Microsoft Advertising Bing Doctor And Clinic Ads
Microsoft Advertising has announced another vertical advertising option for medical professionals called Doctor and Clinic Ads. This is an open beta available in the US, Australia, India, Germany, France, Canada, and the UK.
- Google’s IP address JSON file updated in a few days
According to Google’s Gary Illyes, the IP address list in the Googlebot JSON file is updated within a few days after a new IP is added to the list of IPs crawled by Googlebot.
- Google Updates AdsBot Mobile Web Android User Agent
Google has updated the user agent for the AdsBot Mobile Web Android crawler. If you have hard-coded this bot for any purpose on your site, you will need to update your code.
- Berthier Ribeiro-Neto keynote at Google Search Central Live Brazil
Berthier Ribeiro-Neto, Engineering Director and Site Lead for Google’s R&D Center in Brazil, was the kickoff keynote for Google Search Central Live Brazil last Thursday.
Other great search threads:
- Up this week: Search Central live events in Brasilia and Belo Horizonte, Brazil — looking forward to meeting people (who are coming?) and talking directly about SEO!John Mueller on Twitter
- Adding new variations to left side of serp (explore image section)Twitter
- I’ve tried looking it up and I don’t know how to reproduce it, but I’m getting non-English content on that page regularly (you can see it in the FAQ, but probably elsewhere).my guess is something iJohn Mueller on Twitter
- Privacy, cookies, and similar URL indexing uselessTwitter
- Place it under your head (or under the area of concern). When something breaks the head, it means that what is underneath is not necessarily recognized as part of the head.John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other great search stories:
industry and business
Links and content marketing
Local & Map
Mobile & Voice
- How Beginners Learn and Use SEO to Increase Website TrafficSambuno
- How to Guest Post for SEO in 2023Semlash
- It’s all about the (site) name: 9 tips for troubleshooting when your site name isn’t showing up properly in Google search resultsGSQI
- The Importance of SEO Split Testing According to SEO Industry ExpertsseoClarity
- Hacking Google’s manual action databaseTom Anthony
- How to boost EEAT?[Experience, expertise, authority, trust]SEO theory
- Bing’s Beginner’s Guide to SEOSEOSLY
- Beyond Chat: Discovered in the Age of AI-Powered SEOBotify
pay per click
Please give us your feedback on this daily summary.let me know on twitter @rustybrick again @the round tableyou can follow us Facebook And be sure to subscribe Youtube channel, Apple podcasts, Spotify, google podcasts Or contact us the old-fashioned way.