Monday, May 23, 2022
Search Central Virtual Unconference 2022 was held on April 27th this year. This is the third event of this kind.
With over 450 subscribers, it’s clear that we’re interested in another form of virtual event. There were representatives from 44 countries.
This was the first time we had published an event to community facilitators. The demand for the proposed sessions was so high that we decided to hold a total of 25 breakout sessions for a total of 127 participants. There was a lot of positive feedback about the size of the discussion group. Another aspect mentioned in the feedback was that the decision not to record the session and to give space to the discussion by limiting the number of participants helped to hear and participate in everyone’s opinion. That is.
Some learning from the session
The facilitator took notes during the session and the conclusions are as follows:
- Video SEO It was a new topic for the content and marketing team and a well-received session. For those who want to get the most out of their video content, existing video best practice documents have more insights. There is also documentation on schema markup for getting videos on Google.
In e-commerce sessions, in discussions Product variations It’s a challenge. again, Faceted navigation The amount of pages to index and the proper combination of facets will vary on a case-by-case basis and can be challenging.
- The International SEO The session concluded that internationalization and localization are difficult and should not be left to the post-development stage.
The Organic and paid growth collaboration Sessions often found that both organic and paid marketers are working towards the same goal. Therefore, teams need to look at the big picture and build better content and relationships together.
- Genuine Product reviews Information from blogs and community sites seems to be a great solution to drive conversions and attract new customers at the beginning of the goal-achieving process.
- The Community around SEO and digital marketing Is alive and well. The community seems to support each other better and share more useful content with each other.
- image Still, it often provides a great way to speed up your website quickly by providing the latest formats and the right quality for different devices.
Feedback from participants
Post-event surveys found that participants were happy with the overall event rating of 4.65 out of five. This is an incentive to consider repeating this type of event in the future.
Participants also left the following feedback: This shows that these events definitely provide value to attendees and the community by hearing voices that are not normally heard.
“I was one of the inexperienced participants, but it really felt like part of a discussion, I started asking questions, and I learned a lot in a short amount of time. I haven’t learned. ”
So what’s next?
In the future, there will be more SearchCentral Unconferences. We held the first non-English virtual unconference in Japan in April. In the future, we would like to hold such events online or offline in Japan and other languages.Please look forward to future events twitter Or our event page!