The PS Plus has changed quite a bit over the years. Ultimately, it appears to be actively challenging Xbox Game Pass, offering a large library of games for players to download at no additional charge.
The all-new PlayStation game subscription service combines PS Plus and PS Now into a new PS Plus package for PS4 and PS5. It was only a matter of time before Sony responded to the Xbox Game Pass juggernaut, but it’s not the same competitor. to give users access to new game libraries.
The games that make up the PS Plus catalog range from AAA blockbusters to indie darlings. Depending on the tier you subscribe to, you may also have access to retro titles such as PS3, PS2, PS1 and PSP games.
Here’s what you need to know about PS Plus. This includes his current split into three tiers. You can find pricing information for each and details of the free games available in each subsequent tier.
PS plus price
The new PS Plus combines both PS Now and the existing PS Plus into one comprehensive service with three tiers. In places like Australia where cloud gaming is not supported, there is a slightly cheaper tier called PS Plus Deluxe instead of Premium.
For more information on hierarchies, see next sectionbut in terms of price, it looks like this:
- PS Plus Essential
- $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
- £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 annually
- AU$11.95 monthly / AU$33.95 quarterly / AU$79.95 annually
- PS Plus Extra
- $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 annually
- £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 annually
- AU$18 monthly / AU$54.95 quarterly / AU$134.95 yearly
- PS Plus Premium
- $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 annually
- £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 annually
- PS Plus Deluxe
- $21.95 monthly / $63 quarterly / $154.95 annually
Compared to before, PS Plus Essential is the exact same service as the previous PS Plus subscription, and the pricing for that level has not changed.
PS Plus lets you play online. Free PS4, PS5, and PlayStation VR games every month, plus member-only discounts and content. Along with the shared play feature, 100GB of cloud storage is also thrown in.
PS Now lets you download or stream your collection of PS4, PS3, and PS2 games on your PS5, PS4, and Windows PC. It wasn’t available in Australia, but was $9.99 / $24.99 / $59.99 in the US for 1, 3 and 12 month options. UK pricing was £8.99 / £22.99 / £49.99 in the same increments.
If you previously subscribed to PS Now, your subscription has been migrated to PS Plus Premium. Even better, this won’t increase existing subscription fees at launch, otherwise his existing PS Plus subscribers are moving to PS Plus Essential.
PS Plus tier
There are three levels of PS Plus subscriptions called PlayStation Plus Essential, PlayStation Plus Extra, and PlayStation Plus Premium.
In regions where cloud streaming is available, PlayStation Plus Deluxe is being considered for its lower cost compared to PlayStation Plus Premium.
The old standard PS Plus subscription is the same as the new Essential tier and remains the same price.
PS Plus Essential
- 2 downloadable games per month
- exclusive discount
- Cloud storage for saved games
- Online multiplayer access
- Offers the same perks that PlayStation Plus members get today
- There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier
- Offers all the benefits of the Essential level
- Add a catalog of up to 400 PS4 and PS5 games. This includes blockbusters from the PlayStation Studios catalog and third-party his partners. Extra Tier games are available for download and play.
PS Plus Premium
- Offers all the benefits of Essential and Extra Tiers
- Cloud-streaming access to original PlayStation, PS2, PSP, and PS4 games is now available in the Extra and Premium tiers of markets where PlayStation Now is available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles and PCs.
- This tier also offers limited-time game trials, so you can try selected games before purchasing.
- Add up to 340 additional games including:
- PS3 games available for cloud streaming
- A catalog of beloved classic games available with both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations
PS Plus Deluxe
PS Plus Deluxe is the regional equivalent of PS Plus Premium. Only available in regions that do not currently support cloud gaming, such as Australia and New Zealand, at a lower price. Otherwise, Deluxe includes all other benefits of Essential and Extra Tiers. It’s alongside a catalog of classic PlayStation, PS2, and PSP games to download and play, as well as limited-time game trials.
PS plus game
We saw it for the first time when the PS Plus catalog of new games started rolling out in Asia. The revamped subscription service offers over 400 of his PS4 and PS5 games by first and third party developers for Extra/Premium subscribers. There are also retro games from the era of PS1, PS2 and PS3 (via cloud streaming).
However, the catalog for Extra/Premium subscribers changes monthly, and like Xbox Game Pass, once you leave PS Plus, you can no longer retain access. There are new titles to delve into in the middle of each month, varying in amount, but this is a nice departure from the PS Plus Essential games.
check out playstation website (opens in new tab) For a complete list of all games in our catalog.
Upcoming PS Plus Games
New additions to the PS Plus Extra library include:
- WWE 2K22 | | PS4
- far cry 5 | | PS4
- Far Cry New Dawn | | PS4
- far cry primal | | PS4
- Mortal Shell | | PS4, PS5
- judgement | | PS4, PS5
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon | | PS4, PS5
- Yakuza 6 Song of Life | | PS4
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | | PS4
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War | | PS4
- Pedestrian | | PS4, PS5
- evil genius 2 | | PS4, PS5
- adventure time pirates of enrydion | | PS4
- Ben 10: Power Trip | | PS4, PS5
- Gigantosaurus The Game | | PS4
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition | | PS4
- Worms Weapons of Mass Destruction | PS4
- Escapist 2 | | PS4
For the PS Plus Premium library, you’ll find all the games included in Extra, plus some additional classic games.
- Ridge Racer 2 | PSP
- heavenly sword | | PS3
- Oddworld: Abe’s Exodus | | PS1
- pinball heroes | | PSP
You can usually predict when the next PS Plus game will be announced for both the Essential and Extra/Premium catalogs.
Essential Games are usually released on the last Wednesday of each month. Sony has also confirmed that the catalog will be expanded mid-month, so expect to have more information at that point.
However, through 2022, Dealabs users Bill Bill (opens in new tab) has repeatedly (and precisely) leaked this line-up beforehand. So you might know sooner what you’re getting. We’ll keep updating this when we know what other games are coming to PS Plus next.
Watch the video here: PS Plus: Pricing, Games, and Subscription Tiers