Peacock TV is a streaming service launched by NBCUniversal that brings dozens of TV shows, movies and sports straight to your screen. Currently available in the US, UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy, Peacock has spread its tail around the world and is becoming a very good competitor (note: all content is not available in ).
Like Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime Video, Peacock offers video on demand, but focuses on content from the NBC network. Unlike those services, Peacock can be streamed for free in the US on a subscription level with ads. Elsewhere, you’ll need to access Peacock in a slightly different way. More on this later.
Peacock has a stellar back catalog of entertainment, including big names like The Office and Parks and Recreation, new Peacock Originals, and even live sports (including a new deal with WWE). With movies like The 40 Year-Old Virgin and The Godfather Trilogy, Peacock also has live channels covering a variety of genres.
NBC Peacock: Important Information
what is that? NBC’s streaming service that offers movies, TV dramas, original content, as well as many classic sitcoms.
when was it released? July 15, 2020.
how much does it cost? Free (with ads), $4.99 (with ads), or $9.99 includes additional programming in paid tiers.
where was it released? USA, UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy.
Peacock TV comes in three price tiers (free, $4.99 and $9.99 per month), detailed below. We’ll cover the types of shows and movies you can expect across different demographics.
Will NBC’s catalog of shows hold up to streaming giants like Netflix, Hulu, and Disney Plus? That’s a big question mark. Here’s everything we know about Peacock TV, including cost, supported devices, exclusive programming and more.
Peacock TV: Cost
Peacock TV: How to watch it for free
in the United States?all you have to do to see Click here for free Peacock TV (opens in new tab), enter your email and password to create an account. You don’t need to do anything else to access the free tier, but the service is only available in the US.
In the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria? No access to the subscription model at all, including the free tier, but Peacock is included as part of your Sky TV package (or UK NOW TV subscription included in).
Peacock TV Pricing: Free and Paid Tiers Explained
Peacock has three pricing tiers (one free and two premium tiers) for the US and some US regions. The latter can be with or without advertising. Check out the full breakdown of content differences between each tier further down this page. However, here are the differences between each tier, their respective monthly fees, and what they bring.
- Over 10,000 hours of content, but not a complete series.
- A wide variety of movies, NBC shows, dramas and reality shows.
- Small selection of live sports.
- Ads are played during content.
- NBC shows are shown one week after they air.
- $4.99/month with ads (See Premium Plus with no ads/limits.
- 80,000 hours of content.
- Peacock Originals such as Brave New World, The Capture and Intelligence.
- Movies like Shrek, Ted, You, Me, Dupree.
- Shows like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, SNL, Battlestar Galactica, The Office
- Live sports like the Premier League, Sunday Night Football, Cycling and most recently WWE.
Peacock Premium Plus
- $9.99 (or $4.99 for Xfinity subscribers) with almost no ads.
- Select titles to download and watch offline.
- NBC airs the show the day after it airs.
Peacock TV Free Trial: Is There Any?
Yes, Premium and Premium Plus tiers have a 7-day free trial of Peacock TV. You can choose from Click here for the plan picker page (opens in new tab).
How to watch Peacock
Peacock TV App and Devices
Here are the devices you can watch Peacock on:
- Chrome 75+ (Windows/Mac)
- Firefox 88 or later (Windows/Mac)
- MS Edge 80+ (Windows/Mac)
- Safari 12+ (Mac)
Mobile and tablet devices:
- Android: 6.0 or higher
- iOS: 14 and above
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD
- Android including Android TV and Chromecast
- Hisense VIDAA (2021 or newer), LG Smart TV (LG WebOS 3.5 or newer), Samsung Smart TV (2017 or newer)
- Xbox One S, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PS4 and PS5
- Selected Roku
- Vizio Smartcast
- Xfinity XG1v1 (Arris), XG1v3, XG1v4, XG2v2, XiD, Xi3, Xi5, Xi6, Flex
- Cox: Contour Box with voice remote, Contour Stream Player
find Full list of supported devices here (opens in new tab).
How to watch Peacock on Sky TV (UK, Ireland, parts of Europe)
If you’re in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Austria or Switzerland, you can watch Peacock on the Sky TV platform. It is included as part of the Sky Glass, Sky Q, Sky+ and NOW packages (depending on availability in your region). Say “peacock” to the remote or find it on the app rail.
While you won’t have access to the full Peacock library or channels, you’ll get some great content, including a complete collection of shows like Suits, The Office, House, Downton Abbey, The Real Housewives, and Keeping Up. Reality TV like With The Kardashians and Below Deck, plus movies like About Time and Brüno. However, it’s not clear what the future holds for the service outside the US, as the options seem to be dwindling.
Peacock TV Shows, Movies, Sports and Channels
Peacock TV Shows, Movies & Sports Content (US)
The shows and movies available on Peacock TV in the US depend on whether you’re on the free or premium plan. Peacock’s movies aren’t as great as their TV content, but they do have some worthy titles. free tier movies not wide, but Includes We Need to Talk About Kevin, Fever Pitch and Highlander. Peacock’s big win is the inclusion of all the Harry Potter movies.
But premium tier Unlock 50 First Dates, 40 Year Old Virgins, 13 Going On 30, 3 Lineups of Fast & Furious, How To Train Your Dragon 2, and tons of great content.
However, TV shows are arguably the bigger deal for Peacock, with The Office being the standout choice.
free tier shows
These are some of the shows that have free episodes or full series.
Office, Parks and Recreation, Weeds, Everyone Hates Chris, Eureka, The Fall, Battlestar Galactica (modern version), Parenthood, Suits, New Amsterdam, Spirit, House, Monks, Bates Hotel, Downton・Abby, Friday Night Lights, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Frasier, Cheers
Premium Tier Show
If you’re willing to shell out $4.99 or more, there’s a slightly more TV offering, with all the full series of the above and more. Below is a sample of what you get with the Premium/Premium Plus tier of Peacock TV.
Superstore, Bumper in Berlin, Law & Order, Law & Order SVU, Bel-Air, The Thing About Pam, Charmed, Saturday Night Live and more.
If you want to see an NBC show the day after it airs, you need the Premium Plus tier.
live tv event
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and Late Night with Seth Meyers (previously on), NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Premier League games, Sunday Night Football, Golf, WWE.
Peacock TV Original
In a crowded streaming market, platforms need to create original content games to compete. The Peacock lineup is pretty strong. The following originals are exclusive to the Premium tier, but you can watch some free episodes to get started.
- We Are Lady Parts: A musical comedy about a Muslim punk band from London.
- Dr. Death: Detective drama anthology.
- Saved by Bell: A reboot of the original 90’s series about an American high school.
- AP bio: A drama centered around security guards at hotels and casinos.
- Rutherford Falls: Two friends are put to the test when crisis strikes a small town.
- girl 5eva: A musical comedy about a one-hit wonder 90’s girl group.
- Family friend: The story of a family whose daughter has been kidnapped multiple times over the years.
- Vampire Academy: A horror fantasy based on the novel of the same name.
- One of us is lying: A juvenile murder mystery based on a best-selling novel.
- Brave New World: Based on the classic science fiction novel by Aldous Huxley, starring Demi Moore and Alden Ehrenreich.
- capture: This British detective drama, starring Laura Haddock (White Lines), follows a soldier accused of a crime and descends into a complex plot.
- Curious George: An animated series inspired by classic children’s books.
- Psych 2: Lassie Returns: Sequel to the TV movie about a man who pretends to be a psychic to solve crimes.
- Intelligence: A comedy with David Schwimmer as the US liaison to the UK cybercrime unit.
- Space Cleopatra: Animated series based on the untold stories of Egyptian legends, based on the graphic novel series.
- Close relationship with Ryan Lochte: A reality series that chronicles the swimmer’s efforts to return to the Olympic team.
- Lost Speedway with Dale Earnhardt Jr.: A former Nascar driver’s thoughts on speedways in racing history.
Pecock TV: Sports Content Explained
Sports are a distinct focus of the Peacock Strategy.
Watch a variety of sports, both live and on demand, including Premier League, Sunday Night Football, Golf, Supermotocross, WWE, Rugby, Horse Racing, Figure Skating, Track and Field and more.
Please note that although they are part of the premium package, some ads may appear due to licensing restrictions. You can also enjoy full coverage of major events, including the Olympics in 2021 were part of the package.
Description of Peacock Channel
As well as a library of on-demand content, Peacock has over 50 always-on channels, included in the Premium and Premium Plus tiers. These include Hallmark Channels, News, Sports, Crime & Mystery. Newly added are local NBC channels included in Premium Plus. Like Hulu, it’s like TV is built into the service.
Is Peacock a true alternative to Netflix and the like?
Peacock’s free tier is a huge advantage in getting noticed given how overcrowded the streaming market has become over the last few years. However, the free plan has become more limited since Peacock started, with many shows and movies migrating behind paywalls.
Peacock TV acts as a middle ground between Hulu and Disney Plus. It’s a decent library of shows, but without the onslaught of originals and wide-ranging quality movies found on Netflix.
Want to do some more research? Here’s everything we know about HBO Max.
Watch the video here: Peacock TV: How To Watch Free, Devices, Shows, Prices, Movies & More