MCU Phase 4 is in the final throes of its existence. The latest phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is coming to a close, and he has one more project to release.
That piece is The Guardians of the Galaxy holiday special, which will gate crash the Disney Plus holiday season party on November 25th. , and the phase that officially kicked off the MCU’s TV series era on Disney’s streaming platform.
For more news about Guardians’ next big adventure, a roundup of all the MCU Phase 4 movies and shows so far, visit When As we look ahead to Marvel Phase 5 and beyond, you’ve come to the right place.
MCU Phase 4 release date
There’s only one MCU Phase 4 project left before Marvel’s current slate comes to an end. That’s the Guardians of the Galaxy holiday special that wraps up Marvel’s Phase 4 slate on Friday, November 25th.
For all the MCU Phase 4 movies and shows released so far, read our spoiler-free reviews below.
Upcoming MCU Phase 4 Movies and TV Shows
Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
Release date: Friday, November 25th
Holiday specials under 40 minutes (According to director James Gunn (opens in new tab)), this MCU Phase 4 project may be reminiscent of the infamous 1978 Star Wars holiday special, of which Gunn is a fan.
Its first teaser arrived on October 25th, a month before its release, to see what that story entails. Basically, Star-Lord is sad because the Gamora he knew is dead and no one currently alive in the MCU (thanks to the events of Endgame) knows who he is. Mantis decides to kidnap his favorite actor, Kevin Bacon, to encourage him. Expect plenty of slapstick moments and other comedy-infused events to unfold.
All of the major Guardians cast make appearances. It sounds like it’s going to be canon – set after Thor 4 before the third Guardians movie – and Gunn called it “greatest thing i’ve ever done (opens in new tab)Oh, and Gun says (opens in new tab) There are mixed tapes of songs that rival previous Guardian films. High five with everyone.
Wild Cameo Rumors, Including That Speculation Mark Hamill could appear as Santa Claus (opens in new tab)Cosmo the Dog, a sentient dog, will also debut in the MCU before appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3.
gun confirmed It will be the epilogue of MCU Phase 4 (opens in new tab)so don’t expect Guardians Holiday Special to start Phase 5.
Marvel Phase 5 and beyond
Marvel will reveal its entire slate of Phase 5 movies and TV shows at Comic-Con 2022, confirming the first three (or four, depending on where Deadpool 3 fits in) projects that will make up Marvel’s Phase 6 slate. Did.
Check out all confirmed Phase 5 and Phase 6 projects below.
- Ant-Man & Wasp: Quantumanias (February 17, 2023)
- what if…? season 2 (TV show, early 2023)
- secret invasion (TV show, Spring 2023)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 (May 5, 2023)
- echo (TV show, mid-2023)
- loki season 2 (TV show, summer 2023)
- marvels (July 28, 2023)
- iron heart (TV show, late 2023)
- X-Men ’97 (TV animation, late 2023)
- Agatha: Order of Chaos (TV show, late 2023/early 2024)
- Daredevil: Bone Again (TV show, early 2024)
- Captain America: New World Order (May 3, 2024)
- thunderbolt (July 26, 2024)
- blade (September 6, 2024)
- deadpool 3 (Phase 5 or Phase 6 Movie, Nov 8, 2024)
- Spider-Man: Freshman (TV animation, 2024)
- marvel zombie (TV animation, 2024)
- fantastic four (Phase 6 Movie, Feb 14, 2025)
- Avengers: Kang Dynasty (Phase 6 Film, May 2, 2025)
- Avengers: Secret Wars (May 1, 2026 Phase 6 movie)
For more Marvel-based content, read our Marvel Movies In Order Guide. Or, find out where we ranked every MCU film so far, and who we think are the best (and worst) Marvel villains in the MCU so far.
Watch the video here: MCU Phase 4: Guardians Holiday Special Release Date & More